Source : Stuckincustoms.com
Dr. Nic recently posted an article on advantages of hiring a rails developer from Australia. We are one of the biggest fans of Dr. Nic especially for his contributions to open source world and rails community.Â I just wanted to post my ideas on advantages of hiringÂ rails developer from India.
1. Most Indian software companies require at least a 4 years bachelorâ€™s (and often post-graduate) degree in Computer science or related subjects.
4. We are fluent in English andÂ can work comfortably with people from different countries and cultures. British, American, European or Chinese .Â And its not just Software where we can collaborate with people and produceÂ world class work,Â Ask Danny Boyle of Slumdog Millionaire.
5. We provide Ruby on Rails training services in or around South Asia – rubyonrails.org training page India
6. Most of theÂ rails developers are very passionate about the community. We have people who have contributed toÂ core rails, plugins and documentation. I still have to meet a rails developerÂ in India who doesn’t have a blog with some usefulÂ hacks .
7. There is always an economic advantage of working with developers in India. Therefore, we had $22 billion of business in IT services in 04-05.
8. Compared to Australia, we are not good in sports as majority of youth in our cities are working towards becomingÂ Â software developer making India the second largest population of code junkies with more than 650,000 geeks.
9. Not all of us are as good looking as Australians. But weÂ work very hard to make sure our code looks good and app works great at end of the day.
Here is a great post on Think Vitamin of working with web developers in India – why, how and what ?