Everytime we talk to our clients, we find that they are not aware of lot of options through which they can find a good rails developer. Usually clients go to odesk and other freelance websites to find rails developers. Following are 10 more ways to find rails company/developer for your next dream project :
- Post your requirements on twitter with hashtag #ruby #ror #rails
- Go to Railsdevelopment.com - its a directory of rails companies. You can search for specific services with your budget ranges.
- Working with Rails – Again a directory of rails developers and companies. You can browse through specific industry categories.
- Local Ruby Meetups – The most passionate guys are always there in local meetups. For eg: we have delhi ruby meetups and you can find all local meetups in australia here
- RubyJobs – Post a job on rubyjobs or rubyinside job board. There are some country specific ruby job boards.
- RubyonRails wiki – There is a wiki of ruby on rails companies.
- Open Source Contributions – Sites like http://agilewebdevelopment.com/ gives you a directory of rails plugins. Open Source contributions such as releasing a Rails plugin, or fixing bugs on projects , or Rails itself, demonstrates exposure to other Rails code bases and quality of a developer. Search for developer name in github.
- Conferences – Conferences are good way to find quality rails developer or team.
- Facebook – Few people post jobs on facebook.
Few tips :
- Don’t hire someone that doesn’t know Rails at all. Yes, we have seen some people doing it.
- Ask for references of previous clients if possible in your country.
- Look for someone who values the money you are paying them and will make your investment in them provide a valuable return.
- A personal Rails blog is a good indicator of developer’s interests , experience and resume.